Sunday, May 9, 2010

Intro to the blog

Intro to the blog

Hi all!

I don't know if anyone is actually going to read this, but I wanted to start this blog as a way to sort out some of the mostly pop culture-related madness going on in my head.

So here's a little intro to me: I recently received an M.A. in English with a focus on pop culture and women's studies. I basically schedule my life around tv and movies, and am currently rediscovering my love of books after the soul-crushing hell that was grad school. I have a rich fantasy life, filled with fake people largely gleaned from my pop culture intake. My current fake boyfriend is Tony Stark.

I plan to fill this blog with mostly movie, tv, and book reviews and random musings. Don't expect much method to the madness--I'll just post on whatever interests me on a current day. Also, you should know that I am an ardent feminist, and many of my thoughts will come through that lens. If you don't like it, tough. Feel free to leave polite comments, but I will not tolerate abuse.

Thanks!

No comments: